Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Keep Getting in Trouble With the Kindergarten Carpool

Will Scott is smarter than me. Today he is 5, so you can guess how I'm feeling. Today I drove the Kindergarten Carpool to school. Keep in mind I normally pick up. I am making a pan of brownies for Will's party, and after I said I was going to eat the whole box of brownie mix (joking obviously, ahem) Will proceeded to tell me how to make them: Actual conversation Will: "Step One: (he actually said step one) You turn on the oven. Step Two: You put in eggs and oil. Step Three: Bella! Quit saying that! I know how to make them! Step Four: you mix it and put it in the oven. You guys! Stop talking! Then you have to take it out when it dings." Me: yum! I can't wait to eat them all! Will: NO!! You HAVE to share! At this point we pulled up to the school only to find that the bell rang and the kids were starting to line up. Will: OH GREAT! We are late for school! Me: No, look you're right on time. Haven: We HAVE to play! Bella: Yeah MOM! We have to play before school and now there's NOT ANY TIME! Will: You made us late. Everyone runs out of the car without even looking back. Or shutting the doors. I'm in so much trouble with those kids.

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a bunch a five year-old kids to put you in your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE do a carpool "ride-a-long" when I there! Too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha ha ha.... At least your carpool kids don't tell you how messy your car is, and then proceed to sit on the very edge of the seat like it will get them dirty to touch it. btw it's quite tricky to buckle a seatbelt sitting that way, but she did it.

    ReplyDelete