Wednesday, August 19, 2009

CD Review: Kings of Leon

The musical genres I lean toward are usually more bumpin than this, except for a few years of classic rock and country in college. And I am not much of a music critc. I either love it or I just change the station/push next on the ipod.
This CD, from Nashville rockers Kings of Leon, is smashin!
To put into perspective:
Soundgarden + Pink Floyd - LSD + armless drummer from Def Leopard= Kings of Leon.
My favorite song is #10. I don't know the name of it because I stole the CD sans cover from my friend T-Bone and it doesn't have a track list.
If I had to give it a name I would call it "Awesome Air-Drum Solo" because seriously your arms get a work out! It's also very inspiring so you should listen to it in your car when you are driving to a job interview.
I listened to the whole album 3.5 times so far...once when I was painting Bella's room, once and a half when I was making potato salad (man all that chopping takes FOREVER!) and once when I was in the pool. Loved it every time. Thanks to T-Bone for letting me steal his stuff... If he has anymore copies I'll let you know and you can steal it too! Final Verdict: give Kings of Leon a listen!

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about how awesome this band is...I am going to iTunes right now to buy it! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Track 10 is called "Be Somebody". Good song, not the best, IMO...

    ReplyDelete